HISTORY OF THE MONASTERY
What we do is based on historical research in the province of MARDİN, 2850 years BC, the history of extend.
4 km to the east of MARDIN Province DEYRUL ZAFARAN MONASTERY and convent located on the slopes . 2500 B.C., Now referred to as the "ŞEMSİLERİN EVİ" (Sun Temple) Temple was founded as a monastery in the 4th century A.D. and is recognized with the name "MOR ŞLEYMUN" (A.D. 396 – 450). The ceiling of the temple made of huge hewn stone, big and flat, in the form of a combination of non-circular flat vaults between them, to unite in a Center drop in and among them made without using any connector building material and is locked into.
Romans in AD. 249 Centre in Urfa, Mardin the Assyrian Kingdom of Abgarlar the last region of the Roman Empire as their own sovereignty and monastery fortress. The official religion of the Romans in A.D.305 , Christianity .. as.. Persians in A.D. 363 , Mardin, when at that time the castle was forced to leave the monastery and they use as they leave the Castle settled on the Syrians and MOR ŞLEYMUN by turning the convent the fortress in bringing here the bones of some Saint (A.D. 400) resumes as MOR ŞLEYMUN MONASTERY.
The monastery in ad 8. century again has been restored and recieved name of "MOR HANANYO".
DEYRUL ZAFARAN MONASTERY in the 15th century is known by name.
18. additional buildings have been added in the middle of the century. From time to time exposed to the intervention has taken the shape of this day doing. Other buildings in the area, compared to well preserved, unconsciously and restoration techniques to intervene in a manner which is contrary to, which were not exposed to much destruction has put against.
MAIN SECTIONS OF MONASTERY
MOR HANANYO DOMED CHURCH AND BELL TOWER ( 493-518 B.C. )
THE CHURCH OF VIRGIN MARY ( V.VI Century B.C.Restoreted 1686-1708 B.C. )
SAINTS HOUSE ( Saints Cemetery) ( IV. V. Century B.C. )
MOR PETRUS CHURCH ( 1696-1699 B.C.)
ŞEMSİLER TEMPLE ( A.D. 2500 )
PATRIARCH, ARCHBISHOP AND PRIESTS, PRIVATE RESIDENCE ROOMS. VISITOR ROOMS.
THE MIDDLE COURTYARD.
SERVICE UNITS, WAREHOUSES ETC.
IN THE FRONT GARDEN OF THE MONASTERY; “EYVAN " BUILDING ( AC. 1853 )